About Me

I am a proud single mom of a 8 month old son. He is my world and my life. I would do anything for him. I never thought I would be a mom and I definitely never thought I would be a single mom. My life has changed soo much in the past year and a half. My son is my mircale who saved me.

COUPONSURFER

Print free grocery coupons at CouponSurfer.com

IS YOUR CHILD THE NEW CUTE KID?

Saturday, January 2, 2010
Happy new years to everyone. May 2010 bless you with joy and happiness. I want to share a poem that pretty much describes 2009 for me.

BEFORE I WAS A MOM

Before I was a mom
I made and ate hot meals.
I had unstained clothing.
I had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a mom
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and teeth every day.

Before I was a mom
I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.

Before I was a mom
I had never been puked on, pooped on, spit on, chewed or peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a mom
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hour at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a mom
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn’t want to put it down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn’t stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew I would love being a mom.

Before I was a mom
I didn’t know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn’t know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn’t know the bond between a mother and a child.
I didn’t know that something so small could make me feel so important.

Before I was a mom
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night ever 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never know the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or
Satisfaction of being a mom.
I didn’t know that I was capable of feeling so much
Before I was a mom.

Author Unknown

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do You Like This Template

COOLSAVINGS

PARENTS REWARD COUPON BOOK

Followers

BUY GREEN BABY PRODUCTS!